There are 96 cards in the pack. The Grapheme Cards provide practice in recognising the different ways that graphemes (letters or combinations of letters) can be pronounced and the different ways that the phonemes (sounds) in English can be written. It is downloaded as a 19 page pdf which is then printed.
- The Grapheme Cards can be used in conjunction with the Cracking the ABC Code Multisensory Reading Level 3 books and the same key pictures are used.
- There are four sets of 26 cards: Graphemes, key words, outline pictures and coloured pictures.
- In addition to being a valuable resource for teaching the graphemes, the cards can be used to play numerous games. Detailed instructions are provided for 9 different games.
- The cards are the correct size to fit into a plastic card box which can be purchased from office supply shops.
- Graphemes covered: /ay/=cake-tray-rain, /ee/=tree-Pete-handkerchief-leaf, /er/=church-girl-flower, /ow/=house-cow, /oa/=boat-bone-bow, w+=worm-watch-wart-won, /f/=laugh-phone, /j/=giant-orange-gypsy, /u/=love-country-banana, /s/=circus-ice-cycle, /sh/=musician-invitation-division, /air/=bear-chair-there-square, /oo/=book-bush, /ie/=kite-child-pie, /oy/=boy-coin, /or/=paw-fork-saucepan, /ue/=suit-screw-flute-glue-moon, /eer/=beer-spear-here, i+vowel=/ee/piano-/ie/lion, ‘y’=/ie/sky-/i/pyramid-/ee/sunny, ‘ch’=/ch/chick-/sh/machine-/k/choir, short vowels=/a/apple-/e/egg-/i/insect-/o/orange-/u/-umbrella, silent letters=/ea/head-/wh/-whale-/gn/gnome-kn/knife-/gh/ghost, /ar/=car-bath.
This is the Australian version. There is also an American version.
These downloadable reading and spelling resources are available for immediate download and printing once the PayPal transaction has been processed. It is important that you read the Terms and Conditions before purchasing any of these resources.
YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS TO DOWNLOAD THE MATERIAL BEFORE IT EXPIRES