- The Mad Mad Mad flip book is downloaded as a 25 page pdf (complete with coloured pictures). These pages are then printed ‘double sided’ and cut in half to form a 50 page booklet.
- Detailed instructions for assembling the book are provided. It is recommended that the book be bound using a plastic comb. However, it will work using staples.
- The Mad Mad Mad flip book has been designed specifically for beginning readers.
- Other than ‘the’ and ‘to’ every word in the book can be sounded out. Therefore, when your child cannot read a word, help him/her to sound it out (/b/, /a/, /t/ NOT /bee/, /ay/, /tee/).
- Initially, an adult should read the book with the child. However, once the child is familiar with all the words, the child can read it with another child or to a younger child.
- Each page has been divided into three sections – a subject, a verb and a noun phrase.
- The book consists of 22 unique sentences. However, because each of the three sections can be turned independently a large number of different (often crazy) sentences can be made. This provides the beginning reader many opportunities to practise the same words but in different sentences.
- In addition, the verbs are written in past, present or future tense. This provides a good opportunity to introduce your child to these concepts and to help them learn to recognise the different tenses.
- A list of ideas for different ways in which the book can be used is included.
- This book provides an effective way of supporting and revising the Cracking the ABC Code Multisensory Reading Level 1 book program.
These downloadable reading and spelling resources are available for immediate download and printing once the PayPal transaction has been processed. It is important that you read the Terms and Conditions before purchasing any of these resources.
YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS TO DOWNLOAD THE MATERIAL BEFORE IT EXPIRES