“We often test students’ writing skills rather than teaching them the skills of writing.”
In this workshop, Dr Lillian Fawcett will introduce you to:
- Identifying acceptable writing standards for different year levels.
- Pre-requisites skills underpinning writing.
- Importance of oral language development and suggested activities.
- A unique step-by-step strategy for improving students ability to write narrative text using descriptive language.
- A ten minute a day plan for developing students’ stamina for writing.
- The importance of teaching grammar as a part of the writing process.
- Strategies for helping students edit their writing.
- Activities for helping students rapidly generate ideas.
- A step-by-step strategy for teaching students the skills associated with writing persuasively.
- Developing persuasive writing techniques (rule of three, emotional adjectives, powerful verbs, figurative language, exaggeration) – including activities and embedding the techniques into written work.
- Application of persuasive writing formula to writing research reports and high-school level analytical English essays
Plus: Demonstration video clips
Come to this information-filled workshop prepared to write!