Cross Sleuths combine the concept of crosswords with the provision of clues and the concept of word sleuths where the required words are already printed. Each Cross Sleuth 3A links to the vocabulary used in the Cracking the ABC Code Multisensory Reading Level 3A book. Therefore, this activity is a useful strategy for reinforcing this vocabulary and the corresponding digraphs. However, the worksheets can also be used independently.
- There are 25 Cross Sleuths each containing 30 words and all answers are provided.
- The Cross Sleuths can be used in two ways:
* They can be used like a crossword puzzle. The number of each clue relates to the starting position of the answer in the Cross Sleuth. The word can be in any direction (forwards, backwards, vertical, horizontal or diagonal). The student reads the clues in the right hand box and guesses the word. Further clues can be obtained by locating the starting letters in the Cross Sleuth. Each letter in the answer is circled and the word is written next to the clue.
* Alternatively, the Cross Sleuths can be completed like a traditional word sleuth using the vocabulary from the answer sheets or the Cracking the ABC Code Multisensory Reading Level 3A book. As each word is found, the letters in the word are circled and the whole word is then written next to the corresponding clue.
- Once all the words have been located, the uncircled letters are placed, in the order they occur (moving from left to right, top to bottom) in the boxes at the bottom of the page. If the Cross Sleuth has been completed correctly, the remaining letters will spell out a word or a sentence containing words from the vocabulary list.
These downloadable reading and spelling resources are available for immediate download and printing once the PayPal transaction has been processed. It is important that you read the Terms and Conditions before purchasing any of these resources.
YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS TO DOWNLOAD THE MATERIAL BEFORE IT EXPIRES